In a bid to reduce summer reading loss (the decline in children’s reading development that can occur during summer vacation times when children are away from the classroom), the library is pleased to announce details of its Summer Lending program.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- This program is available to all families with children confirmed to be returning to DBIS for the 2021-22 school year and who do not have any outstanding loans.
- Parents may borrow up to 10 library books per enrolled child for the duration of the Summer break. Please complete a separate form for each returning child.
- Only books located at the main campus library will be available for lending. We are unable to lend resources from the EY Library (these can be identified by the call number prefix ‘K’, or ‘KG’ listed as the location). Please check the library catalogue carefully (https://library.dbis.edu.hk/).
- Books will be issued on a first come, first served basis. We apologise if any of your requested books are not available.
- You will be notified once your books are available for collection (between Monday 21st June and Thursday 24th June). Collection will be from the Primary school office. Books not collected by close of school on 24th June will be returned to the library.
- All books must be returned no later than Friday 20th August. Please appreciate that many of our books are required for curriculum purposes so their prompt return is paramount.
- Parents/guardians accept to pay the replacement cost plus $30 administrative fee for each damaged, lost or unreturned book.
- Physical access to the Library will not be possible.
The form for requesting books for the Summer is available at https://form.jotform.com/211541586250451.
Should you wish to supplement your child’s reading over the Summer even further, the Hong Kong Public Libraries have a wonderful range of children’s books. For Discovery Bay residents, the most accessible locations are the Tung Chung branch, City Hall branch and the Discovery Bay Mobile Library.
Wishing you a wonderful Summer of reading and relaxation.