Friday 8th January 2020
Dear EY1 Families,
We are very excited to be welcoming EY1 back to school on Monday 11th January. Please find some information below for your reference:
School hours will be from 8am – 11.30am, Monday – Friday until Thursday 11th February. Online activities, stories, some specialist lessons and assembly will continue to take place online in the afternoons from 1pm – 2:30pm.
Children will be welcomed into the classroom from 8am. Welcome Time will be between 8am – 8:30am for the children, allowing them time to interact with each other and their teachers by re-establishing relationships. The classroom environment has been carefully planned to support the children’s personal, social and emotional development as well as develop important skills relating to our curriculum through play.
RWI lessons will resume during school hours and your child’s class teacher will focus on Maths, Writing and Discovery while the children are in school. Optional consolidation activities will be set via SeeSaw or sent home with the children in a learning pack to be completed after school. Guided Reading sessions will continue online in the afternoon twice a week and books will be sent home with the children on their allocated days.
Specialist lessons will run as per the children’s original timetable. Please refer to the timetable in your child’s blue diary.
A weekly timetable will be shared via SeeSaw by Sunday 10th January for the week ahead which will outline the in school and the online lessons.
Return to school
In preparation for returning to school children are to wear their DBIS school uniform and we ask that your child has the following items in their school bag and they are all clearly labelled:
- school hat
- water bottle
- a snack (please ensure your child’s snack is nut free and they are able to open their snack)
- spare uniform and underwear
- a spare mask in a labelled zip lock bag
A reminder if you need to contact your child’s class teacher please do so either via the school diary or via the school’s email address [email protected].
- Children will be dropped off at 8am and collected at 11:30am from their classrooms. Please access the EY1 area via the side gate as usual.
- Please be reminded of our “kiss and drop” approach at both pick up and drop off. This is to ensure a smooth transition each day.
- In line with government regulations please be vigilant of your child’s health and do not send them into school if they are unwell or presenting with any symptoms related to COVID-19 . Please also ensure you check your child’s temperature and complete the temperature card each day before school.
- Reading folders are to come into school every day, library folders on the allocated day for your class.
- Magic 100 Words will be tested every Thursday. A copy of their Magic 100 Words can be found in your child’s folder or diary.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your child’s class teacher. We look forward to seeing our EY1 children on Monday.
The EY1 Team
Gina Clothier (Year Group Leader), Emma McCartan, Radhika Gidwani and Laura Bell