Monday 4th January 2021
Welcome back and we wish you all a very happy new year and a very warm welcome to the new families who have joined our DBIS community. We are excited to welcome Laura Bell back after her maternity leave and also to welcome Radhika Gidwani to the EY1 team. Radhika will be taking over from Angharad Cook in EY1AC.
Although we are disappointed not to be welcoming the children back into their classrooms next week, we are still excited to continue sharing their learning with online. Activities and Timetables for Monday 4th January will be available online via SeeSaw from 3pm on Sunday.
Starting in week 2 your child will receive an additional home reading book each week. This book will be an unseen reader that your child has not read or seen before. Please support and encourage your child to read this book with you. You may discover that your child finds the unseen readers more challenging than their other home readers, please be assured this is normal. If you have any further questions regarding the unseen readers please contact us through the school diary or in person.
RWI will continue in Term 2. RWI assessments will take place in the first few weeks of Term 2. Two helpful resources to help develop your understanding of RWI further are the Ruth Miskin website and Ruth Miskin Facebook page. Both of these websites have useful videos and tips for parents who wish to support RWI at home.
Once the children are back in the classroom please ensure your child is wearing the appropriate and correct uniform to school each day. Details of this can be found on our school website. Hats must be brought to school every day as students must wear these during break and lunch times. Students with longer hair are requested to tie it back for health and safety reasons.
A reminder that we value the importance of positive relationships between home and school. If you need to contact your child’s class teacher please do so either via the school diary or via the school’s email address [email protected].
Online Learning reminders
- Online learning activities will be available via SeeSaw by 5pm for the following day.
- Pack collection will take place on Tuesday on the Primary campus between 1pm-2pm.
In Class Housekeeping reminders
- Once the children return to school, please be reminded of our “kiss and drop” approach at both pick up and drop off. This is to ensure a smooth transition each morning and afternoon.
- In line with government regulations please keep a close eye on any children that develop symptoms of cough, cold, fever etc. Please also ensure temperatures are checked and temperature cards filled out each day before school.
- Reading folders are to come into school every day and library folders on the allocated day for your class.
- Magic 100 Words will be tested every Thursday. A copy of the Magic 100 Words can be found in your child’s folder or diary.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your child’s class teacher.
The EY1 Team
Gina Clothier Laura Bell Emma McCartan Radhika Gidwani