- Assignments and lessons being clearly labelled with Day/Period they refer to.
- Scheduling of assignments at appropriate times (i.e. at 5pm the night before) so students are better able to manage their inbox.
- Making it clear that students should complete what work they can in lesson time rather than completing all the work assigned if they feel unable to do so in the set time frame.
- Scheduling a ‘buffer’ lessons on the timetable for students to complete any outstanding work they were unable to do in the lesson time.
- Learning for Life and Discovery lessons have been suspended during this period. This is to allow students additional time to complete their home learning.
A number of students have fed back to me directly during Year Group (online) assemblies and commented that the above measures have had a positive impact this week. We will continue to review this as we move into Week 3 of school closures and welcome any feedback you may have.
- Year Group Leader led Live Video based Check in ~ either whole group or selected tutor groups. This will take place once per week during tutor time (1050 – 1105)
- Tutor Led Live Video based Check ins with the whole Tutor group. This will take place once per week. The Year 7 tutor team will be in contact with tutees directly with details.
- Tutors will send a weekly email as a check in and touch base with the whole tutor group.
- All tutors will make time available for 1~1 sessions on a needs only basis at the request of their tutees.