Support for Year 9 Students during Class Suspension – Update
Dear Year 9 Parents,
Firstly, thank you for your ongoing support during these unprecedented and challenging times. But of course, my big thanks goes to our Year 9 students who have really impressed me in the way they have engaged with their online learning. The students have demonstrated great independence, pride, and maturity in their work, and their positive ‘get on with things’ attitude has been highly commendable during these difficult times.
In order to continue to provide support for students from a pastoral perspective, please note the following arrangements that will commence next week:
- Year Group Leader led Live Video-based Check-in ~ either whole group or selected tutor groups. This will take place once per week at a time during break / tutor time (10:35 – 11:15)
- Tutor Led Live Video-based Check-ins with the whole Tutor group.
- Tutors will send a weekly email as a check-in and touch base with the whole tutor group.
- All tutors will make time available for 1~1 sessions on a needs only basis at the request of their tutees.
Our Year 9 tutors will be in touch with all students at the beginning of next week to provide them with information about the above sessions and the access codes to attend them.
In addition to the above pastoral support, I would also like to make you aware of the following changes for Year 9:
- Discovery lessons have now officially been suspended during the closure.
- Learning for Life lessons have now been suspended, this is to allow students extra time to work on their other subjects.
- L4L teachers will still post wellbeing notes, articles on issues to support wellbeing, study habits and balance.
Once again, I would like to thank you for your ongoing support. As always, should you have any general questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to get in touch with either myself or your child’s tutor.
Please be reminded, that should your child have a problem with a specific subject, that they should initially contact the subject teacher via the Google Classroom or by email.
Year Group Leader – Year 9